The Naughty Lady Of Shady Lane

The Naughty Lady Of Shady Lane

Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Bernese Mountain dogs came into my life starting about 10 years ago when I went to Colorado to purchase my first Bernese from the a Humane Society in Fort Collins Co. I named him Fritz because I wanted to have a traditional Swiss/German name. He was the most lovable, wonderful dog that I have ever owned. He was very attentive and wanted to be with me all the time. Which is very typical for Berners. I lost Fritz 2 years ago to Cancer that was in his spleen. If you are a dog lover you will understand when you lose something so special it's a hard thing to get over. My family understood this and went searching for another one. Well along came Friedrich from Denver Co. So a road trip was on the agenda. My daughter in law Andrea and I drove and picked up this runt of a Berner puppy. I really should not have taken him but we bonded instantly. He's a wonderful boy and typical Berner fashion loves to be with me but is very shy around others which is not typical. At one point I was thinking about doing some breeding. So with that said the search was on for a female. Which brought us to finding my Miss Greta, puppy from South Dakota. Andrea and I were once again on the road. The breeders that we picked her up from were wonderful people and very loving to their dogs and buffalo.
Greta is a very hyper dog but she is growing on me. She is a year old now and tons of fun.

We next came across another male Berner from Pennsylvania. We had him shipped out to us because I didn't want to drive all that way. We call him Lil Fritz after my Fritz No. 1. He is a very sweet boy but loves to chew up paper. All puppies liked to chew on something.

So life with 3 dogs is some days pretty crazy. But I am very glad they are with me.

No comments: